Monday, June 19, 2017

Atlantic Hearts 217 - Thanks Cards

Hey there, I am excited to be a guest designer for this week's Atlantic Hearts Challenge.  This week we are using sketch  #217.  A big thank you to my friend Michelle Steward for inviting me!


Here is the inspiration sketch 

I decided to combine this sketch with the workshop your way - anniversary kit.  I don't know about you but I love all things wood grain.  You can add pretty much any colour with this pattern paper. Here I've use Sapphire and both sides of the wood grain pattern paper.  I love the sentiment and the succulent flowers from this stamp set.  Do you know, we also have a matching succulent in the Flower Market cricut cartridge.


Here's the same design using Lagoon cardstock.  The WYW kit comes with both Smoothie and Sea Glass cardstock. As you can see the wood grain pattern paper lends itself to all colours.
Why did I choose to sand distressing all pieces of cardstock and pattern paper, well when cutting the small succulent flower the white cardstock core was showing and it this point my choice was to ink or sand.  I went with sanding and love how it turned out.

TIP:  when distressing small pieces place them on the back side of the VersaMat, (the cushioned side) gently sand from the centre outwards.

Both oval piece and smaller stamped flower are popped using 3D foam tape. I also  used the white burlap ribbon  behind the stamped flower.  You'll need to separate the strands from the ribbon using your micro tip scissors, simply run them between each stands to create single pieces.

If you'd like the cricut pieces to make your very own click here.

For more inspiration using sketch #217 please visit the Atlantic Hearts SKetch Challenge here. Want to see all AHSC Sketches go here.

Thanks so much for visiting today. I hope you have an absolutely wonderful week!











2 comments:

Michelle Stewart said...

Thank you for being a guest designer on AHSC. Your cards turned out amazingly stunning.

Natalie Racine said...

It looks awesome!!!!! Great JOB!!!