Friday, January 20, 2017

National Papercrafting Month - Welcome Home Wreath Kit

Yeah! it's a thing.....  and I'm all over it.... For the entire month of January get your hands on this beautiful succulent wreath.  It's so easy to put together. Want it for FREE contact me for more details.


So let's think outside the wreath, the wreath is beautiful but what about a beautiful set of cards?
CTMH Welcome Home Kit
Additional  materials used to create these cards are:

 Love Thin Cuts
Hello & Thanks Thin Cuts
Hearts Thin Cuts
Happy Birthday Thin Cuts
XOXO Thin Cuts
White Daisy Cardstock
White Daisy Ink
Black Cardstock
Black Ink
Watercolour Paints
Watercolour Brushes
Gold Shimmer Brush
Sponge Daubers

The beauty is by selecting just a few of these items you can actually get the wreath kit for FREE.

Here are the basic instructions:
  • Ink distress the dark green succulents with black
  • Ink distress the two tone green with white
  • Ink distress two tone blue with white
  • Ink distress the card based and embossed pieces with black
  • Using watercolour paint added splatters of black and white 

Now how did I get so many succulents.  Well, since these are cards I separated the blue ones light with light and dark with dark.  You get 4 instead of  2.  When I was making the white roses, I used the negative part of the rosette and made two more white roses, you can actually make three but the larger one didn't turn out so good for me.  I also used the banner piece on two of the cards then cut sections of the wood grain pattern paper and made two more.  All and all you end up with 7 beautiful cards.  Not the mailing kind, these will need to be hand delivered with love.
CTMH Welcome Home Kit
Card no.1 -  6x6  using the largest succulent
CTMH Welcome Home Kit
Card no.2 - 6x6 using two of the smaller succulent and the negative part of the rosette flower
CTMH Welcome Home Kit
Card no.3 - 6x6 using the Juniper darker blue pieces only
CTMH Welcome Home Kit
Card no4. - 6x6 using the Crystal Blue lighter pieces only, plus medium rose and the negative part of the small rosette.
CTMH Welcome Home Kit
Card no.5 using the Sweet Left and Fern colour succulents plus the large rose.
CTMH Welcome Home Kit
Card no.6 - 5x7 using the Juniper darker colour pieces plus the medium rose.
CTMH Welcome Home Kit
Card no.7 - 5x7 using the Sweet Left and Fern and the Crystal Blue lighter pieces only, plus the smallest succulent.

Happy National papercrafting month and remember make something beautiful with paper.




7 comments:

Maz Wood said...

Stunning love them all

Kim Hameister said...

So very pretty! Love what you have done here!! :)

Laurie Levorson said...

Julie, would you mind if I shared a link to this post from my blog and business FB page? I think this might help to sell some wreaths if they could see your gorgeous "outside the wreath" projects and I just don't have time to create them myself right now. I'll be sure to talk you up!! Thanks in advance!

Julie Carriere Orleans ON Canada said...

Laurie please do, hope it's help... just give them the link ;-)

Laurie Levorson said...

Julie,
I posted the picture of your card set on my blog this evening. I credited you, of course, and linked twice to your blog. Thanks so very much for allowing me to share! The cards are truly gorgeous! Laurie

Christine Woodward said...

absolutely beautiful, when you say negative of the rose what do you mean, just roll the left over piece up to create rose

Julie Carriere Orleans ON Canada said...

Christine: yes I used the leftover pieces from the original rosette and created more roses.