Friday, March 4, 2016

MAKE•IT•Crafty•March Blog Hop

Welcome to another MAKE•IT•Craft•Blog Hop!
MAKE IT Crafty
This month we are sharing the Promise of Spring, it's just around the corner; really it is! I've used products from the Annual Inspirations and the Seasonal Expression 1. We have a smaller then usual group, I guess they're all off on a jet plane and are trying to escape the snow. Please join me and my three amigos! If you've arrived from Diana's Blog, you are on the right path. Please see the list of participants here.

So here's my project and the creative process behind these two cards.  First, it all started with one card but when cutting the first one, I had enough to make a second one and well you all know how that goes.  Can't leave that perfectly good base card on my desk.  Plus when cutting the flowers using the Springtime Wishes thin cuts, I got that ah-ah moment.

By thinking a little outside the box or in this case thinking outside the paper pattern combination  you can take it in a completed different direction.  From spring blooms to the luck of a 4 leaf clover.
  
I started with the spring blooms, I picked one of the colours Pixie and stamped using Gypsy.  The though of pretty flowers and warmer weather was the inspiration for this card.

and then this happened, while I was trying to find a second colour combination these flowers looked like 4 leaf clovers so I just went with it.

Thank you so much for following along on our Blog Hop today! I hope you enjoyed the lovely artwork. Now it’s time to head over to Sheena's Blog and see her beautiful creation! Be sure to visit all the Consultants to get more crafting ideas! Look for our next Blog Hop in May, where we will feature Thank you Gift ideas for friends and teachers, see you soon!

4 comments:

Diana Saunders said...

How cute are these ~ Think I need to give them a try!
Thanks for sharing!

Sandy Carveth said...

How lovely! Love your idea!

fun2cre8 said...

So pretty - thank you for the dimensions on how to cute the Z fold card.

Sheena Brooks said...

Oh my goodness! These are just lovely - I am absolutely going to CASE this idea to build my card stash and whittle away at my paper stash!