Monday, June 23, 2014

How do you organize your craft room?


I don't know about you but I'm always trying to organize my scrapbook room. From papers to stamps my inventory always changes. From one project to another you end up with lots of supplies. Which can turn into one big scrappy mess. I try to clean up and purge twice a year. Once in January and once in June. So it's time to clean up and re-organize all my "stuff" that was flung around during my busy crafting creative sessions.

So here we go:

I found these plastic bins and they fit perfectly into my Billy Bookcases from Ikea. I like to store "like items" together in bins or boxes. I'm also big on labels. It saves tons of time not having to look for things.


My original labels where simply done with a label maker. They were OK but not very pretty.  So my quest to make a simple yet pretty label started.


After spending too many hours on Pinterest, I made my own customized labels using this tutorial. I cut them all with a paper trimmer and use a small circle punch for the corner. Pretty and simple!


I went a little label crazy...

Here you have a few neat storage ideas:

From left to right, nothing new but still fun to share. Combine all those buttons and place them all in clear jars.   Use an Ikea metal kitchen bar to hang your punches.  I love my ink tower it stores 60 pads 76 pens and it's on a swivel base, very portable. The paper towel dispenser is prefect for washi tape, great dollar store find. The last one is my fav...  use rain gutters to store your ribbons. 

So here it is, not too big but it's fully loaded:




People often ask me what colour is your scrapbooking room.  Some of you will laugh for sure, my room was inspired by CTMH colour of course.  Although my furniture and storage boxes at all white the walls are Twilight, Sweet Leaf and Buttercup.


I hope you enjoyed the tour of my little scrapping room.  PS, its never this clean LOL!!!!!




No comments: